Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Razors and Rage Don't Mix

I think Allegra works pretty well for my allergies, but it makes me cranky as fucking hell! I've been feeling rage and fury all day long. I tried to unload on my family this morning, but they just shrugged and went about their business. When the hell did everyone around here become immune to my rage and fury?

I waited all day to unload on my husband, but decided against it. He'd probably suggest medication or a cocktail, anyway. It's easier than dealing with the shit that pisses me off. (Seriously, I'm not usually such a pissed off person. It's the allergy meds, I'm tellin' ya!)

Instead of talking things out with my husband I decided to take a nice relaxing bath while taking care of a few personal hygiene issues. While I was shaving my legs, I noticed my razor was pretty dull. I figured I'd just deal with it and change the blade next time, but  then I gouged myself and started bleeding.

Still having several areas needing shaving, I decided to change the blade midstream. I hopped out of the tub, dripping water and blood and opened the cupboard to grab a new blade. Naturally, I couldn't find one, which infuriated me because I know I just bought some!

I did, however, find fifty sticks of used up deodorant. Why am I the only one, for fuck's sake, who can throw away an empty stick of deodorant, or change the toilet paper roll, or put a fresh garbage bag in the can? Why? And why am I the only one around here who can ever find anything, and yet I CAN'T find my fucking razor blades?

Determined to find them, I started pulling crap out of the cupboard, and while I was doing that I dropped my very expensive jar of moisturizer which cracked. Sweet. When I looked down at the cracked jar I noticed that quite an impressive puddle of blood and water had accumulated under my feet.

I decided relaxing tub time was over and went and rinsed off. I put on my bathrobe and came directly here so I could fume at the computer. Now my husband is calling me, and I think I have to go explain the puddle of blood in the bathroom that I failed to clean up. I'm pretty sure leaving it there was a subconscious cry for help. Next time I think I'll just unload on him when he gets home from work. It would have been less painful for both of us.  Also, I think a cocktail is in order.




4 comments:

  1. To avoid grievous wounds, I decided to let the hair on my legs go native years ago. I get quite a bit of work now as a Yeti look a like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! I'm often tempted to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh heavens! Shaving accidents are the worse.

    And ditto to this:

    "Why am I the only one, for fuck's sake, who can throw away an empty stick of deodorant, or change the toilet paper roll, or put a fresh garbage bag in the can? Why? And why am I the only one around here who can ever find anything."

    It has to be the "Y" chromosome that fucks everything up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Yes. I tell my peeps it's my super infrared female super powers. (Two supers. Didya see that?)

    ReplyDelete